Here is how to transfer to your computer video footage that was recorded using the AVCHD format.
1. If you have not already done so, create a folder within your class Google Drive folder and name it after the project you are starting. In this example: Basic Shots2. Attach the memory card holding your video footage to your computer. iMacs have slots to insert SD cards.Other card types may require an external card reader.
4. Open a new Finder window, navigate to the memory card and open it. After opening the memory card in a Finder window, look for Private. If “Private” appears as a folder, just double-click to open it.
then click on “Show Package Contents.”
6. You should now see a package named “BDMV.”
Right-click (or Control+click) on BDMV, then click on “Show Package Contents.”
7. You should now see a folder named “Stream”
8. In your project folder, rename “Stream” to the date of your recording.
9. When you record more footage for your project, add each new Stream folder from the memory card to your project folder and rename it with the recording date. As you add more Stream folders to your project folder, you should see something similar to this:(In this example, there are folders for January 1, 2, 3 and 4, 2019)
Congratulations! You have placed your video footage on your computer and made it available for editing.