| BACK TO Portfolio Project Main Menu |
The Portfolio Project (like all projects on this site) is broken down into four T’s: Task, Techniques, Tools and Terms.
Task – This is what you accomplish by successfully completing this project: An online portfolio that introduces people to who you are, some of your skills, your plans for the future, and samples of your best work.
Techniques – These are some of the skills you will develop as you complete the project:
- The ability to write an effective introduction to who you are;
- The ability to create a modern resume;
- The knowledge of what to include in a portfolio;
- The ability to prepare elements (text, photos, graphics, audio, video) for online display:
- The ability to set-up effective website navigation and organization.
Tools – The hardware and software needed to accomplish the task:
- A reliable host for a professional email address that will be used to register and communicate with your site host.
- WordPress.com: a place with extensive tools that will host your website for free.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional and OpenOffice: Software for creating Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
- Adobe Photoshop – Software to prepare and convert photographs and graphics.
- Adobe Premiere – Software to prepare video clips for your site.
- YouTube – A place to host your video clips for free.
Terms – The words you need to know and understand to become a multimedia master.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.